Our Diverse Recruitment Consultancy (DRC) mission is to make it easier for organisations in Edinburgh and the Lothians to recruit quality staff from diverse backgrounds into permanent jobs.
To our clients
Our business model is that of the modern online recruitment firm. We utilise the internet in advertising your vacancies in the most prominent places i.e. the leading job boards, LinkedIn etc. We then identify the very best applicants through the CV's we receive. Alongside our primary approach, we utilise headhunting techniques, traditional advertising and the partnerships that LINKnet has developed over the years to find the best candidates for your vacancies.
Our experienced consultants will liaise with potential employees to understand their motivation for applying to your vacancy coupled with their current circumstances. Only after this phase will we discuss the role and their suitability for it based on your brief, vision and philosophy.
We know that however perfect a candidate might be for a role, circumstances can change for many different reasons once employment has commenced. Because of this we offer an unrivalled refund on our fees further reducing the risk of investment.
Diversity in Context
Scotland is becoming increasingly diverse. The number of minority ethnic people living in Scotland has almost doubled in the last 10 years, and this trend is expected to continue for decades to come.
The value of ethnic diversity in the workplace includes:
- To reflect the society we live in and serve
- To improve the chances of finding the best person for a job by accessing and attracting candidates from a wider pool of talent
- To bring fresh, multiple and unique perspectives to organisations. This can lead to higher levels of innovation, greater understanding of customer needs, better risk management and ultimately result in improved performance.
- To help position organisations as an employer of choice
However, minority ethnic people in Scotland generally experience - for a variety of social, political and economic reasons - some sort of labour market disadvantage. This includes higher unemployment rates, lower earnings and greater concentrations in mundane work.
While many employers and recruitment companies have policies related to diversity and/or equal opportunity, most find it difficult and only some are successful in recruiting a diverse range of staff.
The Diverse Recruitment Consultancy offers an easy and practical way for employers - public or private, big or small - to recruit staff from diverse backgrounds.
DRC was inspired and benefits from LINKnet's experience in operating a free mentoring programme in Edinburgh, Scottish Borders, Fife and the Lothians. Established as a charity in 2000, LINKnet has provided many years of support to minority ethnic people wanting to achieve an employment, education and/or personal development oriented goal. For those participants seeking employment, LINKnet has helped more than 50% find permanent positions.
DRC has been established with training and consulting support from The Recruitment and Employment Confederation.
How does DRC work?
Much like other recruitment consultancies, DRC is committed to providing employers with quality candidates for permanent vacancies. We work closely with employers to understand what they are looking for and offer candidates with the appropriate skills, character and attitude.
Why choose DRC?
DRC is positively different to other recruitment companies in a number of significant ways:
- We specialise in supporting minority ethnic job seekers, while also serving people from all communities
- We provide our candidates with an intensive training programme on employability skills, communication skills, basic office skills, cultural diversity, confidentiality and related topics
- Our candidates can also benefit from LINKnet's long standing and successful one to one mentoring programme in order to be job ready
- We are a charity organisation and any income generated through DRC will be channelled back to LINKnet to sustain its free mentoring service. This also means our fees are very competitive and reasonable!
Please contact us to discuss opportunities for working together.